Emory honors alumni, friends, and students with prestigious awards for their service, volunteerism, and philanthropy.
The Emory Alumni Association oversees the selection and recognition for the following awards:
- Emory Medal is the most distinguished award given to Emory alumni. It honors distinguished service to Emory or the Emory Alumni Association, service to the community, and outstanding professional achievement.
- J. Pollard Turman Alumni Service Award is given to alumni who demonstrate exceptional volunteer leadership.
- Jake's Golden Heart Award honors alumni who possess a generous spirit and willingness to serve others, unsurpassed loyalty to the university, and exceptional, yet humble contributions, of time and service our community.
- Outstanding Alumna recognizes an alumna of Emory University who has demonstrated a strong commitment and dedication to issues that affect women in the Emory community and beyond
- Community Impact Award spotlights the extraordinary commitment of alumni who contribute to the good of their communities
- 40 Under Forty highlights selected alumni across a variety of vocations for having made a significant impact in business, research, leadership, public service and/or philanthropic endeavors.
Many schools and departments have ways to recognize their outstanding alumni. In addition, the Emory Entrepreneur Network annually recognizes alumni entrepreneurs who demonstrate the highest caliber of innovation.
Candler School of Theology Alumni Awards
The Candler School of Theology Distinguished Alumni Award is given to an alumna/us who embodies the core values of Candler School of Theology in their work and ministry. Candler invites alumni and members of the Emory University community to nominate candidates who have made extraordinary contributions to Candler School of Theology, the Church, and the larger society.
Emory Law Alumni Awards
Each year, the Emory Law Alumni Awards recognize outstanding alumni who have achieved distinction in legal practice, teaching, research, or public administration and who have demonstrated distinguished service to Emory Law, the Emory Law Alumni Association, or Emory University.
Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing Alumni Awards
The Nurses' Alumni Association of the Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing honors alumni and friends who are committed to the key values of the nursing school: scholarship, leadership, and social responsibility. These awards include the Distinguished Nursing Achievement Alumni Award, the Award of Honor, the Excellence in Nursing Award, the Recent Graduate Award, and the Honorary Alumni Award.
Oxford College Alumni Awards
The Oxford College Alumni Association has five annual awards: The Outstanding Teaching Award, the Outstanding Staff Award, Honorary Alumnus/a Award, Outstanding Young Alumnus/a Award, and the Judge William L. Norton Outstanding Alumnus/a Award. The Oxford College Board of Counselors also awards the R. Carl Chandler Award for a lifetime of leadership through service to Oxford College.
Rollins School of Public Health Alumni Awards
The Rollins School of Public Health presents two annual awards: the Distinguished Achievement Award, which is given to an alumnus/a who has made an outstanding contribution in the field of public health, and the Matthew Lee Girvin Award, which recognizes the work of a recent graduate.
Sheth Distinguished International Alumni Award
The Sheth Distinguished International Alumni Award, established in 2002 by the generous gift of Madhu and Jagdish Sheth, Charles H. Kellstadt professor of marketing, seeks to recognize Emory University's international alumni who have distinguished themselves in service to universities, governments, private-sector firms, and/or nongovernmental organizations.